Animal and Nature Art

Watercolor, acrylic and pen and ink art by Elizabeth Cereby

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Wildlife Art

tiger art
5x7 inch Watercolor Tiger

 Even though wildlife art doesn't have the popularity it once had, there are still many enthusiasts and supporters of it. I being an animal lover have no plans on abandoning painting the animals we share the planet with even if wildlife art went totally on the wane.

I find that one of the problems found in wildlife art is that much of it looks the same from one artist to the other, but one wildlife artist that stands out from the rest, at least in my opinion is Bob Kuhn. His art is easily distinguishable from others. His style is such that when you see a Bob Kuhn painting only once, you will at once recognize his artwork from among those of other wildlife artists .

I'm still working on my style but I hope some day that my paintings can be recognized  from those of others, not necessarily as being  better but sort of like a person's signature that can be attributed to a particular individual. And I think that is what all artists strive for regardless of the kind of art they make.