Animal and Nature Art

Watercolor, acrylic and pen and ink art by Elizabeth Cereby

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Affordable Hosting For Art Sites

Use code FRIENDME to get 15% off any web hosting plan at A Small Orange

For those who are looking for web hosting for an art site, or any website for that matter, I thought that I'd  give the web host I use for my art site a plug, and it's not just because they give me a credit on my invoice for each customer I bring them. I use A Small Orange Web Hosting because it's quite affordable, only $35 per year, that's lower than what most web hosts charge even on promotional offers. I also like the fact that unlike other web hosts I don't have to prepay for several years of hosting to get the lower price, I just pay the $35 yearly and that's it.

A Small Orange is able to charge lower prices because it doesn't oversell bandwidth.  If you have been shopping around for web hosts you may have noticed many offer unlimited bandwidth on all their hosting plans. Bandwidth is the amount of data that's transferred each month between a website and the computers accessing it, so the more traffic a site gets the more bandwidth will be used. But the fact is no website needs unlimited bandwidth, web hosts know this but offer it any way because people are unsure of how much bandwidth their site will use and so pay a higher price needlessly since the average website doesn't use more than 2-3 gigs of bandwidth a month.

The $35 plan at a A Small Orange gives 5 gigs of bandwidth per month which is plenty, I have two sites on a single $35 plan and only use a small percent of my allotted bandwidth. But if you think that may not be enough for your website, they have other plans too that offer more bandwidth, the next one up is $50 a year with 20 gigs of bandwidth per month (the higher priced plans also give you 2 months free hosting and free domain name for a year if you pay for an annual plan).

Another thing I like about this web host is that they are up front about how much you will be paying for their web hosting service . Some web hosts  try to hide the real price  of their web hosting and you get an unpleasant surprise when it's time to renew, as I found out with my previous web host.

Some other things worth mentioning about A Small Orange, fantastic customer service and lots of payment options available including check and money order!

Whether you want a personal site, ecommerce,  build a site from scratch or make one with Wordpress, this web host has all the stuff higher priced hosts have. I've been happy having them as my web host provider and hope you give them a try and see for yourself that I'm not talking fruit!

Oh almost forgot, purchase any plan through the links in this post and use code FRIENDME to get 15% off your first invoice.

No comments:

Post a Comment