Animal and Nature Art

Watercolor, acrylic and pen and ink art by Elizabeth Cereby

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Hawk

sharp-shinned hawk art
Sharp-shinned Hawk
I was surprised and excited to see my first ever hawk. I noticed it perched on a tree branch in my backyard and tried as best I could to memorize the pose which I attempted to recreate in this small acrylic painting. It wasn't a large hawk, about the size of a blue jay but much much bulkier and oh what powerful talons it had! From the description in my bird guide book I suspect it is a Sharp-shinned hawk.

 I saw it one other time in the front yard, it landed on the front steps and then flew across the street to a neighbour's tree. When it flew off you could almost feel the weight and power of  its huge wingspan. I hope I get to see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment